Sustainable Event Management – Your Contribution
The Austrian EU-Presidency is endeavouring to manage its events in a sustainable fashion.
Your actions can also contribute substantially to protecting the environment:
- If possible, choose an environmentally-friendly way of travelling to Vienna and use public transport or walk when travelling around Vienna.
- If possible, stay in a hotel that has been certified as being environmental friendly (Austrian Ecolabel, EU Ecolabel, EMAS, etc.).
- Turn off all lights and electrical devices (TV, air conditioning, heating, computer, etc.) when you are not in your hotel room.
- No single portion packages = more environmental protection: if possible, drink beverages served out of jugs or large bottles, eat meals served on reusable dishes, and use milk and sugar not packaged in individual portions.
- Recycle your waste (plastic drink bottles, glass, paper, metal, batteries, etc.) by disposing of it in the containers provided at the conference hall.
- If possible, use digital devices instead of paper.
- Use your own writing supplies.
Further information can be found at https://www.umweltzeichen.at/cms/en/green-meetings-and-events/content.html.